Apple tonight announced the developers and apps who received an Apple Design Award, marking what Apple thinks are some of the best apps for various Apple platforms.
This year, Apple chose a total of 10 apps that work across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV, with the winners listed below:
- Agenda – A unique date-based note-taking app for iOS and Mac devices.
- Bandimal – A music composing app that’s designed for kids and uses cute animal-based graphics.
- Calzy – A modern calculator app for iPhone, iPad, iMessage, and Apple Watch.
- iTranslate Converse – A translation app that’s designed to translate foreign languages in real time.
- Triton Sponge – An app that uses an image processing algorithm to calculate a real-time estimation of surgical blood loss.
- Florence – An interactive storybook game.
- Playdead’s INSIDE – A 2D puzzle platformer with impressive graphics and complex puzzles from the makers of LIMBO.
- Alto’s Odyssey – A desert-based endless runner that’s a followup to the first ultra popular Alto’s Adventure game.
- Frost – Frost is a dreamlike Puzzle game where the goal is to draw paths to guide spirits to their home planets.
- Oddmar – Oddmar is an action adventure platformer game that stars a viking named Oddmar who is trying to redeem himself and earn a place in Valhalla.
Apple plans to make a video of the Apple Design Awards ceremony available online in the near future, and it will be available on the Apple Design Awards website.
All Apple Design Award winners receive a unique cube-shaped award along with an iMac Pro, a 15-inch MacBook Pro, an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, an iPhone X, a 4K Apple TV, an Apple Watch Series 3, and a set of AirPods.
Discuss this article in our forums